8 new denim trends for fall
Step out of your staple blues and try a denim update this fall. With a multitude of patterns, colours and textures available, your legs will take centre stage
The tone-on-tone teal feather print of these low-rise skinnies is a subtle way to wear patterned denim. Super-soft fabric is a hallmark of Canadian-designed Fidelity. ($184)
A slim-cut fit is best for bold pants. Pair with a simple tee or fuss-free blouse for maximum impact.
Jeans, with a twist
Clockwise from top:
1. These mustard straight-legged jeans are made in Quebec by Canadian label Second Denim ($120).
2. Wax coating gives soft shine to basic black jeans. The slim, tapered leg and higher rise make for an easy fit (Edit by Jeanne Beker, $139).
3. An amethyst hue glams up body-hugging skinny corduroys. The finely ribbed fabric has an ultra-soft, velveteen feel (Hudson, $ 250).
4. High-shine burgundy skinnies get their leather look from a coating of coloured wax (Joe Fresh, $49).
5. Cobalt blue sturdy-weight denim is accented with a grosgrain tuxedo stripe. The style is high-waisted and ankle-cropped (Cheap Monday, $75).
6. Vibrant emerald green is just one of the more than 10 new colours of stretchy denim leggings from Old Navy ($45).
7. Tribal and ikat prints are a hot trend; the geometric pattern of these Levi’s skinnies exemplifies the look. The medium-weight denim has a knit-like feel ($84).