Sign-Up & Win Rules
Official Rules HOW TO ENTER Visit the Best Health Magazine, published by Reader’s Digest Magazine Canada Limited (hereinafter RD) website
- HOW TO ENTER
- Visit the Best Health Magazine, published by Reader’s Digest Magazine Canada Limited (hereinafter RD) website located at www.besthealthmag.ca/signup and follow the instructions on how to register. You may also go to www.facebook.com/besthealth to find out how to enter. The prize draw period closes on October 14, 2016 at 23:59:59 (EDT). Website tracking determines date and time of entry.
- Only one (1) entry per person for the duration of this prize draw will be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary to enter and to win.
- This prize draw is open to Canadian residents who, at the time of participation, have reached the age of majority according to the law of the province or territory in which they reside. Employees of Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC (RD), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- This prize draw is void outside of Canada.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Log on to www.besthealthmag.ca/signup or to www.facebook.com/besthealth and follow instructions provided to register.
- All entry requirements specified on our website must be followed in order to be entered for a chance to win the prize offered.
- PRIZES AND AWARDING
On October 18, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. (EDT) at the Montreal offices of Reader’s Digest, one (1) winner will be randomly chosen electronically and will be awarded a Casper mattress (of any size) valued anywhere between $725.00 and $1,275.00 (depending of size of mattress chosen).
The Prize is non-transferable, and must be accepted as awarded with no cash substitution. RD reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value. The prize is guaranteed to be awarded. By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to abide by the prize draw rules, and the decisions of RD are final on all matters regarding this prize draw. The qualifying winner will be notified by mail, shortly after the prize draw close date. The winner must sign a claim form and must correctly answer a skill-testing question to claim prize. The winner will receive the prize approximately 30 days from the date the claim form is received at RD.
- RD is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries become the sole property of RD and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event an insufficient number of entries are received, RD reserves the right to cancel the prize draw (with the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) and shall be under no obligation to award the prizes. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. ‘Authorized Account Holder’ is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internal access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Participation in the prize draw and acceptance of a prize constitute the winner’s permission for RD to use his/her name, photograph, biographical information, and to film and/or use any statements made by the winner regarding the prize draw without notice or additional compensation. By participating, entrants and the winner agree to release and hold harmless RD, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the prize draw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize draw-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this prize draw in any way shall be disqualified.
- Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited. RD is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone, or other communication malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the prize draw, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this prize draw or downloading or uploading any materials in this prize draw. RD reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this prize draw (with the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux) should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the prize draw. In such case, RD will select the winner from all eligible entries received. RD reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the prize draw or website. RD may prohibit an entrant from participating in the prize draw or winning a prize if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or RD employees.
- Caution: any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the prize draw may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This prize draw complies with all Canadian laws. Information concerning this prize draw will be available online at www.besthealthmag.ca . Or you can write to: Best Health-Sign-up & Win Prize Draw at The Reader’s Digest, c/o Prize Award Administrator’s Office, 1125 Stanley Street, Montréal, Québec H3B 5H5. This prize draw is owned, operated and administered by The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC.