The Glitter Fade
Nails by Rita Remark, lead nail artist for Essie
1. Apply two coats of Essie Blanc to nails.
2. Using Essie Ignite the Night, begin to brush around the circumference of the nail, allowing the brush to drag slightly into the middle, but leaving the centre bare.
3. Using Essie Hors D’Oeuvres, repeat the previous step, allowing the polish to drag just slightly closer to the centre.
4. Seal with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.
Nails by Melissa Forrest, nail expert for Sally Hansen
1. Apply two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Gilty Party to nails.
2. Using the dotting tool from the Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Tool Kit, apply small dots of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out over the entire nail.
3. While dots are still wet, use the small detail brush from the tool kit to “whisk” the colour in each dot, creating little tails.
4. Apply two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Twinkle Toes-ty to finish.
“Stand-out nails are a great complement to a little black dress,” says Forrest. “Embellish one or two, or all 10; cover the whole nail, or just the tips. This is the season to get creative with your manicure.”
The Heart of Darkness
Nails by Leeanne Colley, nail expert for Revlon
1. Apply one coat of Revlon Nail Enamel in Trendy to nails and allow to dry for three to five minutes.
2. Using Revlon Nail Enamel in Elusive, create a heart shape by swiping the brush from one side of your nail toward the centre. Repeat on the other side of the nail. Then fill the area in with the same shade.
3. Seal with Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat for a glossy finish.