10 metallic holiday makeup picks
Adorn your holiday makeup with shining shades of copper, silver and gold. On eyes or nails, a little metallic makes a big impact this holiday season
Shimmering eye makeup
Pressed powder eyeshadows blend easily for soft focus.
1. Maybelline New York EyeStudio Color Explosion Luminizing Eyeshadow in Caffeine Rush ($12, 2.6 g).
2. Mark i-Mark Metallics Custom Pick Eye Shadow in Lava (top) and Moonshine ($6 each, 2.3 g).
Shimmering cream eye makeup
Cream shadows offer great staying power-wear them day to night.
3. CoverGirl Intense ShadowBlast Primer + Rish Shadow in Beige Blaze ($11, 8 mL).
4. Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in SV810 Tin ($29, 6 g).
Loose powder eye makeup
Loose powder pigment delivers intense shine. Save this for party time.
5. M.A.C. Pigment in Copper Sparkle ($24, 4.5 g).
Metallic liquid liner
Metallic liquid liners look slick even when dry.
6. Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in #1 Diamond Gold ($26, 1.7 mL).
7. Estée Lauder Pure Color Liquid Eyeliner in Graphite ($25, 1.8 mL).
Metallic nail polish
Think of these metallic polishes as jewellery for the nails. Go edgy with an iridescent green-gold, sparkle with silver, or play it softer and more neutral with a burnished copper.
1. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in 531 Péridot ($27, 13 mL).
2. Nicole by OPI Nail Lacquer in Give Me the 1st Dance ($11, 15 mL).
3. Quo by Orly Nail Polish in First Class ($10, 14 mL).