Your ultimate time-saving beauty routine
Does the daily rush have you doing your makeup on your commute? Rev up your beauty routine with these multi-tasking and foolproof products’they’ll help ‘get you going in record time
Quick and easy beauty for your body
1. For silky-smooth legs in one step, Gillette Venus & Olay razor is equipped with a five-blade head surrounded by hydrating moisture bars, eliminating the need for shaving cream. (Razor with one replacement cartridge, $12)
2. Try a wash gentle enough for both face and body. RoC Enydrial Extra-Emollient Shower Cream’s soap-free formula is loaded with skin-softening glycerine and shea butter. ($24, 400 mL)
3. After towelling off, indulge in a hydrating spritz of J.R. Watkins quick-drying Body Oil Mist. Skip the eau de toilette-the natural scent (this one is lavender) lingers just enough. ($10, 177 mL)
Quick and easy solutions for your hair
4. L’Oréal Paris EverCrème Sulfate-Free Moisture System Cleansing Conditioner is a 2-in-1 with a ratio of one quarter gentle cleanser to three quarters deep conditioner. Innovative! ($12, 245 mL)
5. Before reaching for the blow-dryer, apply a dab of Ojon Super Sleek Restorative Blowout Perfector. This styling treatment not only nourishes hair and smoothes frizz, it also prolongs the results of your blow-dry (so next morning, you can skip this step completely). ($28, 125 mL)
6. To reduce drying time, try Goody Water Wicking Shower Detangling Comb. Two rows of staggered teeth are divided by a squeegee-like plastic blade designed to pull water from hair with every pass. And it hangs easily in ?the shower. ($7)
For quick and easy morning makeup
7., 8. & 9. Sheer-coverage complexion products with bonus skincare benefits are great for the morning rush hour. Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Perfector is hydrating and brightening, and has SPF 30 ($11, 30 mL). Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer with SPF 30 is a translucent silky tint that blurs imperfections. It contains pearl powder, said to heal blemishes, reduce redness and more ($64, 22 mL). Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Brightening Makeup gives light-to-medium coverage and contains a skin-plumping “hydrating complex” with vitamins C and E ($42, 30 mL).
10. For cheeks and lips: Avon Tint ‘n Go (shown in Spicy) is a cute chubby stick that does double duty as a cream blush and natural lip colour. ($5, 4 g)
11. Declutter your eye makeup. Almay Wake Up collection Eyeshadow + Primer palette (shown in Invigorate) includes an illuminating cream primer to reduce the appearance of fine lines and neutralize under-eye circles. As for the long-wearing pearlescent shadow shades, a handy pull-out tab shows exactly where to land each one. ($11, 4.86 g)
Time-saving beauty products for the workday
12. & 13. Keep one of these hydrating, toning face mists at work: When you’re about to hit that mid-afternoon slump, they’ll enliven your senses-?and your skin. Quo Refreshing Facial Mist contains camellia leaf, camomile and cucumber extracts ($15, 145 mL), while Dermaglow Energizing Beauty Mist has a blend of minerals, hyaluronic acid, and basil, peppermint and grapefruit essential oils. ($40, 100 mL)
14. & 15. Need a two-step touch-up before a big meeting? Pat on mattifying Marcelle BB Cream-to-Powder compact ($23, 7.5 g), then add a swipe of Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (shown, Sweetheart) for a smile brightener ($10, 2.7 g).
16. & 17. To look polished at the boardroom table (or for a sudden broken nail), perform an emergency DIY manicure with Tweezerman Matchbox Itty Bitty Nail Files ($5 for a box of 12 2.5-in. files) and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (shown, Pink Slip), a 5-in-1 base coat, strengthener, growth treatment, colour and topcoat ($8, 14.7 mL).
Quick and easy makeup for the evening
18. Add to your eye makeup before hitting the town. Clarins 3-Dot Liner has a precise three-pronged felt tip that nestles more deeply into the lash line than traditional liquid liner, making for easy application. Connect the dots for a dramatic black line. ($28, 0.7 mL)
19. & 20. Go for a lip colour that’s deep and long-lasting. Stila Lip & Cheek Stain (shown, berry-hued Açai Crush) is smudge-proof, long-wearing, and guaranteed to stay put through dinner and drinks ($31, 2.4 mL). For a fresh application, first remove your daytime lip colour using a cotton pad dabbed with a no-rinse micellar cleanser, such as Bioderma Sensibio H20 ($7, 100 mL).
21. & 22. Give locks a boost with a dry shampoo. Spray on dry hair and brush through to remove excess oil and add lift to roots. Aveeno Pure Renewal Dry Shampoo ($10, 136 g) and L’Oréal Professionnel Texture Expert Fresh Dust ($17, 96 g) are both lightly scented.
23. For more polish, give hair a once-over with the purse-size Conair MiniPro 2-in-1 Mini Styler-it’s just seven inches long, and its dual-purpose ceramic plates give you the choice of adding waves or straightening. ($25)