June’s Lust List: The Beauty Maven’s Must-Haves
New beauty launches, travel-friendly packaging, and more
After an ongoing collaboration with François Nars during his London Fashion Week presentations, Scottish designer Christopher Kane has designed his own limited-edition collection for the brand that is sure to inspire sold-out banners everywhere. A full selection of 10 products, the range explores the balance between Kane’s signature bright neons and easy-to-wear flesh tones. Our must-have? The candy-coloured lip glosses, which create a subtle stain long after the shine has worn away.
Clockwise from left: Silent Nude Blush, $35; Outer Limits Single Eyeshadow, $29; Nebulous Lipgloss, $31; Glow Pink Lipgloss, $31
Celebrity makeup artist Charlotte Tilbury, known for making up the faces of many A-listers – including Kate Moss, Sienna Miller and Penelope Cruz – is bringing her signature makeup and skincare line to Canada this June. Inspired by friends who wanted the scoop on how to nick Gwyneth’s perfectly posh skin or Penelope’s pinky-nude lip, she created 10 makeup kits, including Golden Goddess and Uptown Girl. Lucky for us, she’s also introduced her trademark skincare, which she’s been mixing by hand backstage at fashion week for over 20 years. It includes Charlotte’s Magic Cream, $125, which contains organic aloe, rose hip oil and vitamins A, C and E for a post0facial-like complexion, and Wonder Glow, $65, an all-in-one skin and makeup concoction with a peptide complex and hyaluronic acid (which she’s dubbed “Gisele in a tube”) for an effortless, lit-from-within golden glow – Brazilian passport not required.
Custom Nail Colours
Quit the hem-and-haw routine in the nail aisle with the help of Formula X The Match, $19, custom-created mini nail wardrobes with colours for every skin tone, including (from top to bottom) Fair to Light, Light to Medium and Medium to Dark. Four travel-handy bottles come in each collection (which amounts to one standard-sized bottle), including neutral hues, classic reds and hits of trendy colour – which means the only guessing game left will be which perfect shade to paint on first.
Inspired by the hardy immortelle flower that is grown organically in the heart of Corsica, L’Occitane has created the 28-Day Divine Renewal Program, $128. A targeted treatment that contains nightly, single-use doses of the superior immortelle essential oil, these sunny-coloured elixirs are custom blended with multiple actives to treat your complexion based on the cycle of your skin’s monthly cell turnover. For example, the serum for week one (during your period and when skin is driest) helps to gently exfoliate with the help of mastic oil, while week three (when skin is its oiliest) works to create balance with myrtle and rosemary extracts. Consider the regimen a holiday in a box for when your skin is just dying to get away.
This batch of dream creams contains the latest in exotic textures and ingredients
with a host of benefits, from all-day hydration to energy-infused skin cells to rapid repair for damaged skin.
1. Maintain a healthy, youthful glow thanks to three forms of hyaluronate (which absorbs 1,000 times its weight in water) and fine-line and pore-refining citric, glycolic and mandelic acids. Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar, $59
2. Inspired by the Japanese quest for complexion perfection, this cream contains anti-inflammatory adenosine to target fine lines and wrinkles and has a unique “bouncy” texture made popular in the East. Shu Uemura Tsuya skin Bouncy-Fine Cream, $90
3. Avoid the afternoon slump with this all-day moisturizing formula that contain mattifying, optical-blurring particles for smooth, fresh-looking skin and fatigue-fighting caffeine, glycerine and antioxidants. Vichy LiftActive Supreme (Normal to Combination Skin), $50
4. This ultra-luxe cream contains ground black truffle – a rare culinary ingredient from the southwest of France – combined with anti-aging peptides, algae and vitamin C to repair and energize skin cells. Estée Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Diamond Transformative Energy Crème, $385 (pictured)
5. Suitable for even injured skin, this healing cream with 5 percent water-holding sodium hyaluronate and soothing oat extract, aloe and almond oil goes on like air and helps to calm severely stressed-out skin. Skyn Iceland Pure Cloud Cream, $72