Feta is a traditional and certified Greek cheese with high nutritional value and rich taste that goes well with almost all food products.
Look for the PDO sign (Protected Designation of Origin) which ensures the quality, the uniqueness and the authenticity of Feta.
- 4 orange peppers
- 1/2 cup quinoa (95 g), uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups (3/4 pint) vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 handfuls of baby leaf spinach
- 2/3 cup feta PDO cheese (100 g)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Pour the vegetable stock into a saucepan with the quinoa. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed by the quinoa.
- Whilst you’re waiting for the quinoa to cook, chop off the tops of the peppers (keep for later) and remove the seeds from inside.
- Just before all the liquid is absorbed, add the onions and garlic to cook for 5 minutes. Add a little more water and reduce heat if it begins to dry out too quickly.
- Then add the baby leaf spinach and let it wilt.
- Take off the heat then crumble in the feta cheese. Stir and spoon into the peppers.
- Put in the oven to cook for 15-20 minutes until piping hot and the skin of the pepper has softened.
Enjoy your meal!