Pippa Middleton looked fit and strong for her wedding day. But talk wasn’t about her fitness regime leading up to her nuptuals, but her diet. According to E!, the Princess’s sister was prepping for her wedding weight with the SirtFood Diet.
What is the the SirtFood Diet?
• It was created by Aidan Goggins and Glen Matten, self-claimed nutritional medicine and pharmacy experts.
• According to the pair’s research: “Participants lost, on average, 7lbs in 7 days, whilst either maintaining or even increased their muscle mass. Best of all they reported feeling great; brimming with energy, sleeping better and even reporting amazing improvements in skin.”
• The diet is based on increasing plant-based foods in the diet, to increase the intake of certain polyphenols (a.k.a. antioxidants) to activate sirtuin genes that regulate metabolism, which they identified as the “skinny genes.”
• As a Best Health reader, you won’t be surprised by the foods you’re permitted on this diet, as science has already backed these as nutrition powerhouses, such as kale, green tea, buckwheat, dark chocolate, red wine, olive oil, walnuts and more.
• Surprisingly, intense exercise isn’t necessary, claims the diet.
• Even those with diet sensitivities or lifestyles can follow the diet, including vegan and gluten-free diets.
• Goggins and Matten have published books many books under the Sirtfood brand, including The Sirtfood Diet, The Sirtfood Diet Recipe Book and more.
James & Pippa left the church after their wedding on May 20,2017. . . #katemiddleton #theduchessofcambridge #hrhduchessofcambridge #katecambridge #katemiddletonstyle #katemiddletonlook #catherinemiddleton #hrhcatherineduchessofcambridge #hrhtheduchessofcambridge #katemiddletonbeauty #katemiddletonfashion #duchessofcambridge #hrhthecountessofStrathearn #weadmirekatemiddleton #princewilliam #pippamiddleton #michaelmiddleton #carolemiddleton
The diet has two phases
Phase One: The first week promises followers of the diet to lose seven pounds. And the first three days are restricted to 1,000 calories daily (three green juices and one meal high in polyphenols). The remainder of the week is limited to 1,500 calories (two juices and two polyphenol meals).
Phase Two: For two weeks, the diet consists of eating three polyphenol meals and one juice.
Maintenance: You can use the diet as a guideline for your making food choices and repeat the phases when weight loss is needed.
The good, the bad and the obvious
• Encouraging eating more nutritious foods is always a plus. We know that antioxidants fight free radicals, are anti-inflammatory, and and so much more.
• Liquid diets have been shown to fail in the long term. And discouraging exercise goes against what other research says, that physical activity is good for us, from heart health to mental health.
• Limiting calories is a well-documented way to lose weight. This weight-loss strategy is not unique to The Sirtfood Diet. But the calorie cut is too low, and some experts suggest it could instigate disordered eating.