Kim Kardashian’s Latest Weight Loss Endorsement Will Make You Sick
Kim Kardashian West has made no secret that it’s her mission to get her pre-baby body back—but has she taken to her diet a little too far?
Good or bad, the Internet can’t stop talking about Kim Kardashian West. The reality star found herself in hot water recently when she praised the flu for being an “amazing diet” and revealed how happy she was that she got sick just before the MET Ball, a big fashion event in New York City on May 1, 2017. West also shared that she lost six pounds from her illness, which is obviously a result of not eating. (The world is very familiar with the no-appetite diet, Kim.)
Kim deleted the tweet pretty quickly, but since nothing ever really dies on the internet, here it is: “The flu can be an amazing diet. So happy it came in time for the Met lol #6lbsdown.” But it should have been known more as a Kim Kardashian Weight Loss Fail.
Predictably, the Twitterverse was having none of her tone-deaf commentary and quickly put the star in her place, with some sharing that the flu can be fatal and that she should take her public influence more seriously.
You don’t need to be a doctor to know that there’s no need to resort to a sickness or an appetite suppressant to kick-start a new weight-loss program or get past a plateau. Skip the Kim Kardashian weight loss strategy and follow these five tips and you’ll see success in no time:
- Eat breakfast. We’ve heard it since we were kids—and it’s true. Make the most important meal of the day a priority and your waistline will reap the rewards.
- Don’t just exercise. Fitness is essential but it can’t compensate for a poor diet. Make sure that you’re staying active and eating well to maximize results.
- Give up the soft drinks. While we’re not 100 per cent sure exactly what the connection is between soft drinks (diet and regular) and weight, we know it’s not good. Best to kick these babies to the curb, asap.
- Eat more fat. It might seem counterintuitive, but good fats will help you burn more fat. Make sure almonds, avocado, and olive oil are a regular part of your diet.
- Spice up your life. Do like they do in Thailand and give your food a kick. It’ll help slow down your eating and the spiciness can boost your metabolism.
Follow these tips and tricks, and you’ll achieve your weight loss goals in no time —no flu meds required.