Wild Blueberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing and Wild Blueberry Topping
½ cup (120 g) soft butter
⅔ cup, plus 1 tablespoon (140 g) sugar
⅔ cup (200 g) sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (50 g) ground almonds
1 ⅔ cups (200 g) flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 ⅔ cups (200 g) frozen wild blueberries
1 ⅓ (100 g) frozen wild blueberries
¼ cup (50 g) sugar
Cream Cheese Icing
1 ¼ cup (300 g) cream cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons (30 ml) milk
½ cup (50 g) powdered sugar, sifted
1. Place paper liners in muffin cups. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light fluffy, approximately 1 minute.
3. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, mix ground almonds with flour and baking soda. Add to bowl with wet ingredients, mix to incorporate.
5. Add blueberries to batter, fold to incorporate.
6. Spoon batter into lined muffin cups. Bake until a skewer comes out clean, approximately 20-25 minutes.
7. Place on a baking rack to cool before frosting with Cream Cheese Icing.
1. Place blueberries and sugar in a small pot over medium-low heat. Stir blueberries until sugar dissolves and mixture reduces to a sauce consistency, approximately 3-5 minutes.
2. Set aside to cool.
Cream Cheese Icing
1. Whip cream cheese and milk together in a bowl using a whisk or electric beaters.
2. Add icing sugar, whip until incorporated.
3. Place Cream Cheese Icing in a piping bag with a round tip. Set aside until assembly.
1. Pipe Cream Cheese Icing on top of each Blueberry Cupcake.
2. Using a teaspoon, create a small hole in Cream Cheese Icing. Spoon Blueberry Topping inside and serve.
Preparation time: approximately 1 hour + cooling time. Serves: 12
Per serving: 311 calories, 17.8 g fat, 31 g carbohydrates, 6.1 g protein, 145 mg sodium, 43 mg cholesterol, 2 g fibre