• While in the push-up position, move your right foot next to your left foot and straighten your body. This is the the plank position.
• Spread your fingers wide so your middle fingers are pointing forward. Your hands should be on the floor directly beneath your shoulders.
• Tuck in your tailbone so your legs, hips and torso form a straight line.
• Push the crown of your head forward, tuck your toes and press your heels back, stretching down the entire length of the back of your body.
• Hold this position, breathing deeply, for as long as you are able to without straining yourself. Work up to 2 minutes.