If you want to start eating better or being more physically active, the first step is to create an action plan with achievable goals.
Celebrate your #PersonalVictory along the way towards a healthier lifestyle with these helpful tips.
Set small, SMART goals
Small goals can add up to big success and will help you stay motivated. Mini, short-term goals are easier to manage and track as you progress to your bigger, long-term goals. Start by making a list of your SMART goals. They should be:
- Specific: What exactly do you want to do? How do you plan to do it?
- Measurable: How often will you do it? For how long?
- Achievable: How will you do it? Do you have the equipment, skills and support to do it?
- Realistic: Can you complete it? Do you have the time? Do you enjoy doing it?
- Timely: When will you start and by when will you achieve it?
Need some inspiration?
Here are examples of small, SMART goals to get you thinking:
- Drink 8 glasses of water daily.
- Walk 10,000+ steps per day.
- Eat 1 cup of vegetables with dinner 4 times this week.
- Have 1 fruit as a snack each day this week.
- Do 15 minutes of bone-strengthening activities twice this week.
- Do 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity 5 times per week (a target heart rate of 50% to 70% of your maximum heart rate).
What’s your #PersonalVictory?
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to health and fitness. Personal goals are different for everyone. It’s important to track your progress and celebrate your small victories. Share your achievements with your friends and what your #PersonalVictory means to you. And don’t forget to reward yourself!
Technology can help you
Electronically tracking your progress will show you when you’ve reached your goals and motivate you to keep going. Whatever your #PersonalVictory is, the all-new Gear Fit2 Pro from Samsung can help you reach your personal goals and track your health, your way.
What the Gear Fit2 Pro Can Do
- Track your moves. The Gear Fit2 Pro has improved fitness tracking for your daily activities—whether you’re running, walking, cross training, dancing, or playing sports like tennis or basketball. It automatically detects and logs the activity, so you can make all your moves count and achieve your #PersonalVictory
- Get wet. Not only is it sleek, stylish and comfortable, the Gear Fit2 Pro is built to get wet with 5 ATM water resistance, so it’s water-resistant up to 50 meters (164 feet).1 You can track your swim (record your stroke type, lap count, distance and pace) with the Speedo On app.2
- Record your heart rate. The Gear Fit2 Pro measures your heart rate continuously throughout the day and indicates heart rate zones to help you make better fitness decisions.
- Give you personalized motivation. You can customize your own wellness plan with tailored goals and alerts. For example, you can track how many cups of water you drink and get a reminder if you’re falling behind on your daily goal. It can also remind you if you’re close to missing your walking goal.
- Connect to apps that motivate.2 Apps like UA Record, Speedo On, MapMyRun, MyFitnessPal and Endomondo can help you track different kinds of exercise, see your progress, balance your diet and challenge your friends. With the Spotify app, you can listen to music via Wi-Fi (or download your playlist in Offline Mode). It has 4 gigabytes of storage and holds up to 500 tracks to keep you hustling on your quest towards better health and fitness.
1Water resistant up to 50 meters per ISO standard 22810:2010. Not intended for scuba diving. Avoid excessive, sudden temperature changes, and high velocity activities. Falls and shocks may breach integrity. Rinse in fresh water and dry after use in sea water.
2Availability of apps for Gear Fit2 Pro varies by country and region.