Love Your Fine/Thin Hair
The advantage to the fine and thin hair type is that you have the ability to style it faster than anyone else. With the right products and a few drying tips, you’ll be able to get the volume you crave – and quickly.
- Work in a bit of volumizer straight out of the shower. Lift up the roots with your fingertips and aim the blow-dryer at them – the goal is to get your hair standing up from your scalp.
- The minute your hair feels dry, press the cold shot and hold for 10 seconds. Repeat on the next section. It’s best to work in long rows, from front to back.
- Once your roots are set, style the rest as usual. If it flattens in the day’s heat, simply spritz your hair with dry shampoo. “It’s really about mastering those few extra minutes in the morning so that they’re useful and you understand the purpose of why you’re doing it,” says Josh. “It will give you a lot more volume than you’ve ever had.”
Best Health Pick
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Core Restore Protein-Infused Shampoo and Clear Conditioner, $11 at mass retailers.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Plus Heavenly Volume, $8.47 at walmart.ca.